A List Of Theses And Dissertations Biology Topics To Be Explored
Writing a thesis or dissertation on a biology topic offers a number of challenges. It can be easier when you find a topic to research you feel a unique interest or connection with. Finding a good topic starts with a list of useful ideas you can mold and shape into your own. As you select your topic, think about information you will be expected to discuss, and consider possible resources you will need. The following topic ideas can be explored for any upcoming thesis or dissertation project for biology studies.
- Immunology. How does the immune system build resistance to certain diseases and medical conditions? Why are some diseases like HIV hard to cure in the body? What antibodies are found in the immune system and what are their roles in keeping a person healthy? Which cells fight germs?
- Respiratory system. How do the lungs receive and release air? What happens when a person’s lung collapses? What cells in the lungs help exchange gas? Why do lungs turn black or get darker from cigarette smoke? How does cancer develop in the lungs? What are the lungs made out of? What other elements are crucial to the respiratory system besides lungs?
- Body cells. How many cells are in the human body? What is the life cycle of a cell such as skin cells or blood cells? Why do cells in the body divide and what happens if they do not? How are proteins important to cell development? How is DNA defined and what elements make it different from one person to another?
- Botany (plant life). What is the life cycle for a hydrangea? Why are algae dangerous to humans if consumed? What elements in algae make this plant dangerous to animals and insects? What are common diseases plants can get? What are some of the oldest plants known to man that continue to be explored? How many types of flowers are there in the world? Is there a plant close to extinction?
- Genetics and DNA. Why are there variations of certain species (dogs, cats, people, etc.)? What happens when two different species reproduce? How does this affect traits inherited? How was DNA discovered? How are chromosomes different from each other? How did DNA become a solution for solving paternity questions? What types of experiments were conducted to learn about genetics?